Monday, November 11, 2013

mayy meal - Rockpool

Headed to Rockpool last week for Jodie's 21st birthday treat... started early and had a drink at the bar before dinner.




I liked the subtle sweetness and still a very strong whiskey drink on its own. I was quite impressed.


We ordered the Grilled Squid, Smoked Chilli and Pork Belly entree.
Squid was wonderful.
Pork Belly was all fats and only one square of meat. What a waste of money?!
Overall, a tasty dish but I was abit clueless as to why it was all pork fats.



I ordered the Pulled Pork pie which needed a 40-minute wait.
Was it worth the wait? Nope. It was too sweet even though the first few mouthfuls were great. Not even parsnip puree at the bottom. The pastry wasn't as flaky as I would like. 
Definitely an overall disappointment.


Jodie had the Wagyu short which was too chewy but had the wagyu taste.
Cauliflower and Cheese Gratin was good but you can't go wrong with that can you?


The wrong dessert that arrived at our table but smelled heavenly of almond ice cream and rose jelly and strawberries. Unfortunately did not get to taste.


We ordered the Almond Macaron with Creme's Caramel Ice-cream sandwich.


Giant Macaron, yums. But man, still wasnt that awesome to full round off my night.

Second time there, second disappointment. I find it very difficult for me to give this place another chance?
Especially the price I had to pay for the dinner.

Rockpool Bar & Grill on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment