Thursday, September 29, 2011

Mayy's Closet #67

While I am at it, let's continue with a seriously crazy outfit idea for a cold winter day. Don't ever try it, I don't know what possessed me. Aside from the fact that I was sleeping over at the girls' place and they said no to my trackies. We had a last minute idea to head down to the Freo markets, great idea but not so great when I dont have my wardrobe with me...

Without further ado, here goes!

I know I know, I had on a scarf, long sleeve shirt.... skirt... leggings? stocking? Nope, didnt had any on. So it was my bare legs facing a battle with the harsh winter wind, even if it was sunny out. And perhaps I wore boots? Nope, I had on ballet flats.

The tartan skirt is from Shiyu's wardrobe and so is the Cotton On scarf. Only the electric blue strong-shouldered long sleeve top was mine. And I got it from the kids section of Best and Less. Who cares, if it fits... it fits.

But I really like the tartan prints here. They somehow match and all go well together for a cute weekend market look! If I do say so myself...

But so not for winter.

Photos credits: mayydiaries.blogspot.com

I used to have a number of skirts in this style when I was younger and just outgrew them. So wearing this outfit really brought me back to an age when I was more inspired with the Japanese and Taiwanese culture. Dont get me wrong, I admire those looks but somehow, I am different now and my closet speaks for itself. I am still eclectic and multi-personalities (or schizo?) but just not so cute-sy...

Overall, a 6/10 for this look and I don't think I will be repeating it anytime soon.. Maybe when I have a daughter and I can dress her up this way?

What say you? Too young for me? Hahahaa...

Till my next closet raid, Mayy xo

No comments:

Post a Comment