Tuesday, March 25, 2014

mayyn meal - IS Donburi

a late lunch/early dinner rendezvous with C on a weekday afternoon in Northbridge brought us to this little Japanese place. She has always wanted to try it and I thought I would go along to see what the fuss is all about.


always passed by it and never thought it was tempting me in. but here I am.


sat outside as the inside was too close to the kitchen and we didn't want to smell.


ordered the salmon lover's platter which looked amazing when it arrived.


ordered the Dancing Crab Roll as well as it sounds pretty good on the menu.


It all arrived looking amazing. 
However the dancing crab roll was not too good and just too much rice with not much filling. 
Can't really taste the soft shell crab as well.
As for the salmon sushi platter, it was quite good. The sashimi was really quite fresh by Perth's standards.
The aburi salmon roll was yummy.


Overall, I don't think I would go down to Northbridge just for it. It was not a bad place but just alright. Would give it a 6.5/10 or even a 7.

Is Donburi William Street on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment