Friday, March 8, 2013

mayyn meal - Skyve (and Mayy's Closet on Day Five of CNY/VDay)

Anyway what did you get up to for Valentine's Day? Having never really spent it properly as the day intended, I much rather spend it with my close friends and family.

So for me on 2013, I managed to meet two sunshines and head to Skyve for brunch, somewhere I have been meaning to go and am so glad to have gone before leaving.



Really cute placemats! So informative and interesting. I love them!



It really provided us with conversation starters and some laughter on a grey rainy kinda day.


Part of the dining area...cute chairs!


the lounge area that greets you when you enter, great idea to just chill out.


so loving this chair! rocking idea ;)



Table setting with the customary chocolate on Vday. Well, the chocolate was our gift from Eric not by the restaurant... haha, in case u set yourselves up for such expectations...


Started with mushroom soup which was super yummy. Definitely fresh and how you want a mushroom soup to be, with that little bites and burst of flavours.


E had the sashimi salad and seeing how he finished it, gotta be good! either that or he was really hungry... or both!


Had a skinny latte which was really quite good and tasty. One of the better ones around again.


Instead of brunch, E had the Kurobuta pork cheek burger which was so amazing and melt in the mouth. I had a little taste. Was completely jealous of his choice! Totally would have to go back for it.



Jol and I had the truffle scrambled eggs. It really isnt much but the truffle smell was heavenly and the scrambled eggs were yummy and milky. The dish was complete with the best mushrooms in Singapore thus far. And I have such high Portobello standards seeing how I get really yummy ones on an average day over here... Skyve's were juicy and fat and fresh.


Ended with an Earl Grey Creme Brulee to share, we were so full by the end of it but what a meal. 
Top marks!


OOTD was simple because I have had for the past few days on makeup and dressup for CNY.


A blue top from Bangkok with silver edges to cap it off.


Neutral and light for the day...




And of course my Valentines for 2013. Thank you for being part of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment