Wednesday, January 23, 2013

mayyn meal - Toby's Estate

So for my latest trip back, I arrived in Singapore just in time for the Christmas festivities. And fresh off a red-eye flight from SQ, it was very nice of my cousins and sis to come pick me up early in the morning since Daddy was away. 

And we decided to make it for breakfast at Toby's Estate, Robertson Quay. Took us awhile to find parking despite the early hours but hey, at least we got there!


really liked this 'decor'. very raw.


so early and quiet. the service could have been better really given the lack of crowd. because when we left and the crowd came, they were even busier and struggling to meet the customers' demands. 


sitting inside at the communal table, I learnt so far that its a trend in the new cafes round here...

\

Eggs benedict with smoked salmon  - the hollandaise sauce was a bit too thick for my liking. 


Pretty good coffee, the standards of coffee has definitely raised in Singapore.


On my instagram, @mayyb


my sister's Toby's Breakfast - the manuka flavoured bacon strips were pretty yummy and I liked the different honey taste. Other than that, everything else was mediocre.


I had the peasant's eggs: Chorizo was nice and spicy, the mushrooms were NOT good, and the eggs fair. For a very hungry girl and a not very hungry girl, this brunch place is still not impressing anybody.


And a merry affogato (Christmas special with brandied cherries and chocolate) to end it all.

Will I return? Sadly, no............ but if you live in the area and popping in for a coffee and muffin, Toby's Estate is perfectly adequate.

No comments:

Post a Comment