Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

Once a year, we show our appreciation to our mothers on a Sunday dedicated to them. This year, this day falls on 8th May, which is today. So here is a post specially dedicated to my mother who in my opinion, is the best one around. Her dedication and all-round love for sis and I is unwavering and steadfast. Thank you Mum, for everything. Words cannot express enough.

I remember getting her these glow in the dark flowers (paper roses). A special order thing from a JC club which didn't cost cheap. I just thought it was something different.


One of her favourite kind of flowers around. She likes to buy them for CNY especially and put them in vases around the house. I have grown to like them alot and the understated fragrance they carry. The house smell and look lovely with them.

Tulips. Her favourite kind of flowers. They don't thrive too well in the heat. Nevertheless, for her birthday once, sis and I got a vaseful from online and surprised her with a morning delivery when we were all out of the house. I must go find the photos of those tulips...

What did you get for your mama? I know carnations are the flowers of the day but I am so not into them. I rather do pink roses...

Perhaps, pink daisies? Daddy got me these during my A levels period. Just to cheer me up when I was doing all the studying. Mummy used to say he never got her any flowers.

I thought this photo was just really appropriate for Mother's Day.



Photos credits: mayydiaries.blogspot.com


Have you told your mama you love her? Well, today is just a day to remind you to do so. But remember how much she does for you, a day is so not enough to show your appreciation. A surprise once in a while won't hurt. Three little words don't cost nothing. And a 'thank you' from your lips is gold to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment