Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mayy's Closet #36

Oh alright, what is a day without fashion? Even if I am stuck at home as a sick cat, I can still read about clothes and shoes. Stare at mine and think about the week's outfits. So enough with the chocolate cakes I cannot eat now. Clothes, I can wear regardless of body temperature and whatnots.



Photo credits: mayydiaries.blogspot.com


I wore this on a teaching day just before Easter holidays, on my last day before I flew off to Singapore/Taiwan in April. It was my first time wearing it and it sure took me a while to get into it. I remembered having initial trouble with this Roxy maxidress in WAVES Carousel. Yes, we got off to a rocky start but I had to have it because I just thought it was a really pretty dress. At AUD65, it is not the cheapest thing I could have gotten given how the zips were not too great. But I eventually found one in all their stocks that were semi working and brought it home with me. I refused to give it up. The negative things about this dress is that the shoulder straps were too thin and made out of ribbon like material which is really just shoddy.


The material of the dress however, is like none other. Silky smooth but not too thin and light as silk. It is a dress meant to be handled very delicately. The prints on it were so elaborate with the little Roxy logos weaved into them. The colours were something I don't really have. It's not called the Mermaid for nothing because I do feel quite pretty in it. Pile on the white, gold and wood bangles and slip on a pair of flat sandals. Dresses like these are not meant to be worn with too much junk. It is a statement on its own. Perfect for summer. And throw on a long white cardigan for spring.


Till my next closet raid, Mayy xo

No comments:

Post a Comment