Friday, April 5, 2013

Mayy's Closet

A dress that I haven't worn for over a year. I wore it once during a night out for CNY DRAGON year. We are now well into the year of snake. And prior to that night out, I have had that dress in my closet for about half a year. I really do appreciate this 2013 resolution so far in that I invert my hangers once I worn them and therefore can no longer wear those dresses and forces me to wear the other stuff that just hang around!


Got it from Ally because I absolutely love the colour scheme and the wave patterned skirt hemlines. Managed to dress it down this year with sunnies and havis as part of summer.


Grainy photos from my old blackberry back then. A night out at Sauce bar and to Butter Factory after even if that ended up being a bit of an emo night.
I paired it with my platform mary janes I got from Taipei and a blackquiltedgoldchained bag from Bangkok. Dressing it up was easy because of its voluminous skirt!


with the two greatest loves of my life. I am thoroughly blessed to have cousins who are my friends and sisters, family bound for life. We are growing everyday and I miss you all everyday.


A favourable wind. Anyhow, a bit of a pity was the top part being too big for me and even after alteration it still needs safety pins and adjustments to hold it all together. I can't bring it in my heart to part with it just yet as I love the look altogether even if it doesn't look too flattering from certain angles. I am glad that I found a way to dress it down and bringing it to being a dual purpose dress...

(Instag @mayyb)

The more recent ootd involving the dress which included in me pairing with a neutral coloured printed kimono over it for uni to downplay the skirt's volume and covering up a little.


No comments:

Post a Comment