Sunday, December 16, 2012

Vacation - Krabi and Ko Lanta

I just returned from a trip in Thailand. But not traditionally to Bangkok nor Phuket. I visited the islands of Krabi and Ko Lanta, with of course the motivation to attend one of my cousin's wedding in Ko Lanta.

Travelling was quite tiring for me because I had to fly from Perth and do little stopovers in Perth. By the time I got home to my apartment here in WA, I pretty much crashed. 

Anyway, the trip was nothing I had in mind but the wedding made it worthwhile. It is always beautiful to share in someone's special day and to watch the love on their faces for one another. 

Thailand is beautiful as a country but somehow I didn't quite get that impression during this trip to be honest. Anyhow, there are always positive moments in every vacation.

Below are a few photos that I really liked throughout my trip. A bit jumbled up but hopefully the captions help.


the gorgeous sky during the wedding ceremony at Ko Lanta.


My pretty awesome villa at Aonang, Krabi.


Yummy Thai Iced Tea and the staple for every Thai vacation diet, Chang Beer - at Emerald Pool, Krabi.


The wedding destination and resort where we all stayed at - Ko Lanta


Looks yummy? A restaurant by the pier at Ko Lanta


The private villas view with an amazing limestone backdrop 
from the hotel reception at Aonang, Krabi.

The Hot Spring at Krabi


Wedding table setting. Gorgeous array of flowers and the vibrant colours are amazing against the white decor and beach backdrop.


My obsession, pad thai. I have it everyday, about twice. 


The airport runway at Krabi


The pool at our resort in Krabi.


via my instagram, @mayyb


Gorgeous flower at the Tiger Cave Temple, Krabi


Emerald Pool, Krabi. Worth the hike up? Not so much...


The Hot Spring at Krabi, looks murky no?


Our beachfront villa at Ko Lanta.


Mai Tai for the cocktail reception at Ko Lanta.


Amazing Mango sticky rice found at the local night market at Krabi on weekends.


Best Tom Yum soup during the trip, at Cook-Kai, Ko Lanta


Amazing?! I had to pay 200 baht. pffft. 
to see green moss and algae which gave the water the green colour, no thanks.


Their hospitality is pretty amazing.


The amazing reception at another resort at Aonang, Krabi


Aonang beach...much better than what you can find in Singapore but I would very much like to stick to my Aussie beaches. Thank you.


Sunrise at Aonang, Krabi.


Sunset at Ko Lanta.


The wedding cake. I mean, how does one even find macarons in Ko Lanta?!?!?!

Photos credits: mayydiaries.blogspot.com

And of course the beautiful set-up.

Will I return? Most probably not. But perhaps I will with friends or a lover. But its definitely not a family kind of holiday. well, not with my wacky family at least. hahhaa since if I go there, I know all I wanna do is to read a good book, lay on the beach or by the pool and do nothing. But then again, I can do that all here...hmmm.

3 comments:

  1. Ive been to Phuket on quite a few occasions, really enjoy all my time there! even as a child to now an adult!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! Im going to Krabi for a short getaway soon. Found your blogspot comes in handy n useful!

    Anyway, Im curious on the dress code/ attire to tiger cave temple. Do I need to wear long pants with sleeved top in order to get into temple? Besides that, hows the stairs up to the temple? does someone need to wear a pair of sturdy shoes to climb up the hill?

    Apart from that, regarding emerald pool and hot spring waterfall, are they two separate entries or connected by one entry? Any dress code for that? (for example swimwear is a must to get into the pool n waterfall?) Because im planning on the number of changing clothes to bring along. Haha. Looking forward to seeing your reply soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi :) I am glad to hear that this has helped you! I don't recall a strict dress code enforced but like all Thai temples, I would assume a visitor to be respectful. Bring along a shawl if you are wearing sleeveless top due to the hot weather. Maybe don't wear short shorts but bermudas be okay? These days, I wear a maxidress and take along a shawl. The hill is not that bad and the stairs are well constructed, I wore slippers then!

      I dont recall a dress code for the pool and waterfall as it is pretty much a public place! For your own comfort, swimwear is always good. Also, I believe they are separate places :)

      Have a great trip!

      Delete