Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Mayy's Closet #1

For my 100th post, I have decided to be shameless and post my face here. For a new blog segment too! It's in reference to my closet and sort of records my daily outfits. I have started with the outfit I wore today for my second day in the second week of uni.

I am wearings a dress from Bardot (for the first time and I got it like last year) and stilettos from Kenji in Myers. The photo has really bad exposure due to super strong sunlight and I am very noob at adjusting my camera modes. So I just ended up reducing brightness on the computer after I have uploaded it.

Photos credits: mayydiaries.blogspot.com
Yes, a toilet shot in uni as backup in case the above photo turned out to be unusable. I guess the colours abit more reflective here. Black and gold, are you surprised? You shouldn't be. It's my trademark colur combi that my friends have taken to associate me with.

I just really like the stretchy jersey material and the draping of the bottom half. It conceals the fats well and is really comfortable. It looks pretty dressed up but I felt it was minimal effort as well as to maintain the look throughout the day given different situations. Wayy minimal if you don't have to pile on make-up too! I also dressed it down for my night tutorial with Shoestopper #16, the Rubi sandals. The dress is good for daytime wear and nighttime wear.

It all boils down to the bag, accessories, makeup and of course, SHOES. That is really what most of my dresses are like. I hope to find as many uses for them as possible. While this dress may be a little too loud (due to the gold shoulders) for a conservative workplace, I feel that I should be able to pull this one off if I worked in a creative field or a younger modern workplace. But definitely NOT an interview dress.

So there you go! Hopefully your computer screen is still intact ;)

Till my next closet raid, Mayy xo

No comments:

Post a Comment