Sunday, March 20, 2011

Shoestopper #23

Enough with my face, let's blog about shoes! This is a pair that I wore for the first time on Tuesday and subsequently, Friday and Saturday. Quite a feat (no pun intended), I must say. Especially for a pair of 4 inches wedges.


Photo credits: mayydiaries.blogspot.com
I remembered in Oct/Nov 2010 when I was shopping in Carousel's Rubi and saw this pair under the New Arrivals section. I first noticed the one in black colour and thought it looked really really chunky and sort of striked it off. However, my friend was looking and trying out shoes I THINK and I thought let's put this on for fun! And I did...turned out I really liked how it looked on me and yeahh. I didn't end up buying it that day as I couldn't justify the pricetag and having one more pair for shoes. So in Dec 2010, I was back in Rubi at Carousel and saw that this particular design went on sale! For AUD10, I could totally justify it! I only had the problem on deciding which colour to buy: black, camel or this one.

The cutting is actually at size 38 a little big for my feet. Not the best fit I must admit. I think that is also sort of why I put off wearing it in the beginning for fear it will hurt. The faux suede really does make the pair of shoes look more expensive and less hookerish, in my opinion. The cork wedges also really characterizes summer well and just goes with dresses and shorts wonderfully! I even wore it with my maxidress for dinner last night! It doesn't quite hurt but I cannot walk too well in it. I have put insoles in them which does help the problem. I was also initially afraid that it will look very chunky and ugly, but that did not translate into a reality when I wear it. Sure the wedges are abit thicker and so high, but it really is as dainty as it could be. It does its best as you can tell in the photos in my Closet posts.

Not a purchase I am regretting at all, but I do wish Australia carried size 37 for it for a better fit. My fats don't go to my feet, they head straight to the hips, thighs and bums. So no worries about my feet looking ugly but a slight problem for finding shoes that fit exactly well. OH ALRIGHT, not THAT big a problem given my shoe collection.

Do you have any pair of shoes that you did not fall in love at first sight but circumstances somehow brought you and it together?

Till my next shoe-stopping experience, Mayy xo

No comments:

Post a Comment