Monday, January 21, 2013

mayyn meal - The Garden

Still in Perth...and summer has officially descended upon us. I spent most of my mornings at the beach. Taking that 20 minute drive and laying on the sand, is a very boring thing to do but oh so addictive. I was on a mission to brown my winter fair self.

Then a call from Jodie and Nat so I dust the sand off, washed up alittle and threw a sundress over myself and headed down to Leederville's The Garden pub for lunch...

Nat ordered the grilled haloumi burger which admittedly is really a vegetarian kind of thing. Nat isnt a vegan though. I tried alittle of the haloumi, Like I said, its a vegetarian thing.


It was much too hot that day so a nice big jug of cocktail to cool us down and celebrate a girl's birthday! Not much alcohol in that though, feels quite watered down. Must be all the ice.


I had the pork burger, complete with grilled pineapple. If there was a burger for the summer, this would be a strong contender. It didnt feel too much at all, and the pineapple provided it with the refreshing taste everyone craves for during summer.


Jodie's steak burger, much too rare for her liking but I should think my sister would love it. 

Our meal was pretty good and value for money in my opinion. The Garden frites are also yummy and the hint of sea salt was not heavy handed at all, given my previous experience.

The Garden on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment