Wednesday, January 23, 2013

My Christmas 2012

So following a slightly hungover and late Christmas Eve party, I checked into Marina Bay Sands for a night on Christmas day to chill out and recuperate from all the running around and activities of the previous day.


Just slacking by the pool with a girlfriend. A first for her so yay!


Our view from the room, and I havent been there...


We ventured out of our room for dinner and spotted Christmas mascots walking around. Yes that Christmas tree is a mascot and fully moves and walks.


Christmas dinner at db bistro with two girlfriends.


Shared the escargots for entree. Could have done with more garlic, rather bland.



My duck confit for the main - a tad too salty but otherwise tender.





The db burger for sharing - they liked it medium rare even though the waiter recommended medium.



We bought Au Chocolat back to the room for sharing.



The Red Velvet cheesecake was nothing to shout about, in fact a tad too dry. 

The Au Chocolat cheesecake was something special! Light and chocolatey and fluffy. It was melt in your mouth goodness and definitely rounds up any dinner properly.


The next morning, after a good night's sleep, we went down to The Coffee Beanstro for breakfast. I certainly missed my Coffee Bean Ice Blended - The Ultimate.


And the baked eggs with moroccan spiced lamb was superb! The Coffee Beanstro definitely surprised me with this standard of food and I will definitely return whenever I stay over at MBS. It was gob-smackingly good that I licked, figuratively, the plate clean!

I hope everyone had a good Christmas and of course, 2013 is treating you well thus far.

No comments:

Post a Comment