Thursday, October 27, 2011

Mayy's Closet #73

Hey y'all! It's the CHOGM weekend here in Perth where heads of commonwealth gather here for meetings. Even the Queen is here! She's arrived yesterday and while I didn't manage to catch a glimpse of her, she was to visit a church across uni and I was driving past it. Lots of security guards and and police and news vans! Big.

Pretty exciting month too for Australia because 1st November next Tuesday is the Melbourne Cup and the Ascot Racecourse here in WA will probably get pretty crowded. Even in the city and offices where people may get all dressed up, fascinators and the works. Would be fun and I really wanted to go this year for the first time. But it is not to be because my students are taking their exams on that very day and I have to go check stuff and mark papers. Great timing Examinations Office scheduling people. Pfffft.

Now, if I were to go for Derby Day... This is one of my choices! Because it is just traditional to go in black and white for derby day!

A simple black and white cotton dress from Cotton On. Very comfy for the whole day and the drinking and eatings, well, a tight dress just wouldn't be right... I had to belt it here because it is a little too big on me. But it is already size S from Cotton On.

Loving the slight dip hem and the lace backless detail. Add black lace gloves, strappy heels and a cute black fascinator and you are good to go!

Photos credits: mayydiaries.blogspot.com

A front view where the V-neck front and backless dress would not have really allowed one to wear a bra and Cotton On had very kindly designed the dress with slits to insert security for your boobies! Thoughtful design, whats not to love with the right demure length and a sweet skirt style.

Havent worn the dress since so put it up for sale... We'll see!

Till my next closet raid, Mayy xo

No comments:

Post a Comment