Thursday, October 13, 2011

M's Food Find #73

Technically, not a restaurant/cafe food post but junk food is still food. And junk food has accompanied me through this academic journey. It also has served me well. Towards the end, I needed a packet of chocs/chips after each supervisor meeting to calm my nerves and recharge.

Three different limited edition flavours of Smith's chips were launched in August. Needless to say, I got them all. Not that I tried them all in one sitting. Dont be silly. Anyway, here's my review!

Crispy bacon was the least impressive one out of the lot. While the taste was true to its flavour and I love crinkle cut chips, it got a bit too much halfway through. The taste was very one-dimensional and not that exciting. Quite dry...


Sunday roast was the first one that I tried and was really quite impressed by it! I could taste the grilled flavour and the baked meaty flavour on the chips. The only thin cut flavour and it was actually good. One thumbs up.

Photos credits: mayydiaries.blogspot.com

Meat pie and sauce! and crinkle cut! They tasted pretty good and full of meaty flavours. Unfortunately, I wish they had more sauce flavouring. 3/4 into the pack and I felt bored. Suffice to say that I didn't finish it but I still prefer this to crispy bacon. Half a thumbs up.

I would rather stick to my salt&vinegar or cheese&onion in the days to come. But these three were quite interesting to the tastebuds even if they are not healthy. ahhh well, life's for adventures in all ways!

Have you tried them? What do YOU think? Yay or nay?

Till my next food find, Mayy xo

No comments:

Post a Comment