Tuesday, August 13, 2013

mayyn meal - Duende

A tapas place in Leederville, Duende was where my ex-housemate and I chose to meet up again for an overdue catch-up.



alot of lovely dishes and choices, I don't know how we both managed to narrow it down!


The inside is very warm and inviting and I know in summer, the outside is a lovely porch to sit around with good friends over some drinks and food.



I like the high ceiling and well-stocked bar, what a view from all round the place.



Prawn and chorizo paella balls with paprika aioli to start, crunchy outside and warm inside - perfect to start off the rainy day.


Spicy lamb meatballs and baked beans were flavourful and I wished I had more of it. I like the touch of a side of bread they serve for customers to soup up the beans.

 

Pork belly, orange glaze and braised fennel was nothing to shout about as I wish the crackle would crackle and crunch. it was abit chewy for me. And not so sure on the mash-like thing at the bottom.


You would think you won't be full after the three tapas dished which looked small. But like going to dimsum, you somehow get full very quickly! The size is deceptive!

However, we managed to squish in dessert and these donut balls with the condensed milk icecream were to die for. the ice cream was amazing! The donut balls were soft and fluffy. Perfect end.

Prices are alittle too steep but I suppose the quality of the food does kind of make up for it. Service wise, well it was a lunchtime weekday meetup so there weren't many people around and the service staff had the time to focus on us.

May not return in a hurry but good place to maybe go to with a bigger group of friends!

Duende on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment