Thursday, February 10, 2011

M's Food Find #20part2

And here comes Part 2! Desserts. Let the photos once again speak for themselves... I'll chip in my two cents' worth once in awhile...

Not a very big spread, but it is compact and packed full of little delights!


This plate is the last one we both had because it came out later than the rest.We were bursting already but still had to try them. Eclair was really good, and the filling was NOT cream but chocolate goodness. Next to it the macaron, I think it is chestnut flavour. There was a bowl full of macarons of different colours too. Unfortunately, their macarons were all deflated and crumbled and not whole. It was lacklustre and disappointing.

Above that, the meringue tart was not bad, too tiny for flavours but I liked the crust. The carrot cake slice was good! Had carrot bits in such a tiny piece and the cream cheese on top was a nice touch. Moving on to THAT chocolate tart...yes it is as good as it looks. Every bit of it. Enough said.

Hazelnut royaltine cake. I don't know how to describe it to you. It was just too good. The stickiness and the thickness and the hazeltnut flavour. I want to say it is like spooning Nutella but it isn't. It is better than that. Regina loved this to BITS.

Victoria Cake, cute name. And it lives up to its name. Cake was baked well, not overly sweet.

Chocolate cookies, I didnt have space for it but Regina tried it. It was not spectacular.

Starting from the top, the fruit tarts were not bad. But the crust could have been lighter. The coconut shot glass was pretty yummy and I don't like coconut. The leaf-shaped orange creme brulee was very shallow. Not much to really satisfy anything. However, it is a buffet so you can go back for everything else. Orange was a bit bitter. The bottom tier will be reviewed later.


Awwww how cute, baby madelines! Like seriously, baby! I wish I could bottle it up and have it by my side. I will pop it into my mouth nonstop. Like CNY goodies. It is not very buttery like madelines should be. I also wish it was softer on the inside and crunchier out. I just like the size of it.

Opera cake is another winner here. The chocolate ganache top is really thick and good.

Bread and butter pudding is well, bread and butter pudidng. Don't eat too much of it, but in small amounts they are yummy. I like their pudding bits. Bread top can be softer!

This one is on the bottom tier. It looks pretty but there is too much cream going on and little of anything else. Take a cup to share with your mates. Just because you have to try it for the sake of you being there. It isn't fantastic.

Cherries in the strudel was quite sour to me. Makes face. But I like the strudel crusts. YUM. Would take it just for the crusts.

Strawberry cheesecake in tiny size was cute to look at. It is pretty nice but nothing special. It is well, cheesecake. Felt like there was a bit too much gelatine going on.

Here, you have the apple crumble which was not too bad. I like their crumble but not the apples and raisins. Wish there were more crumbles!!! Flourless chocolate cake isn't too good here. If you want chocolate, go for the eclair ok? And the opera cake and the hazelnut.

Photos credits: mayydiaries.blogspot.com (Regina!)
Strawberry buttermilk cake sounds good but it wasn't anything to shout about. The cake was alittle too tough for me. I wish it was thicker and fluffier like it sounds. I ate it and felt deflated.

Overall, it is a good price for a good dssert spread! Definitely worth the trip down for a girls' day out, business meeting or a small group gathering. It is quiet and very charming there. Anyone want to join me again for the desserts? ;) Hope you enjoyed this two-part post!

Till my next food find, Mayy xo

No comments:

Post a Comment