Sunday, February 20, 2011

M's Movie Choice #3: RED

After vegging out on the couch and watching telly for the evening, I return to my room and laptop to blog about one of my favourite movies: RED. I watched it last year in the cinemas here and watched it again on my flight back to Perth. I would watch it over and over and not get bored of it. In my Movie Choice posts, I will do my best to blog about these movies I will not mind watching on repeat.

Picture credits: www.imdb.com
It stars Bruce Willis, Helen Mirren, Morgan Freeman and John Malkovich as ex-CIA agents who are now retired but have to help and protect themselves now by resuming activities that Bruce Willis' character has been targeted by the now-CIA. I will not give too much away here because I really think you guys should watch this! It is kick ass action with quite a few funny moments too. Add that to the class of actors and their superb acting. Even girls who like rom-coms will like this too. (coughs, like me but then again, I love my James Bond movies.)

Picture credits: www.imdb.com
That's Dame Helen Mirren looking hot doing her job. One of the things that first attracted me to this movie was Helen Mirren in it. She is right there on my list of favourite actresses, along with Meryl Streep and Judi Dench. In this movie, she portrays her character very well and shows a lady can be right up there with the boys in action and looking all sorts of classy at the same time. I mean only she can look sexy in that white ballgown and army boots. So just for her, you watch this. Like all the movies she is in.

Photo credits: as indicated above
John Malkovich, my first time watching him and he is one funny man. He plays the slightly demented, crazed and paranoid character well. So believable when he rolls and crosses his eyes hahaha. One smart cookie and an old man you don't want to mess around with.

Bruce Willis just looks hot in this movie and is slightly creepy stalkerish on his female crush. So he still got his action moves going on.

Photo credits: as indicated above
Morgan Freeman, one of my favourite actors. He is so cool, for lack of the better word. And I just really like him, he's got a nice funny grandpa vibe. Here in the movie, he is the cheeky one and very good at what he does. I believed it so yeah good acting eh.

Anyway, here's why you should watch the movie. You know those days you just want some action and some laughs and refused to get off the couch. And for those days you want to blow something or someone up because you are mad pissed off or angry. It relieves those tension for you without you being destructive. Except to your tummy with too much popcorn or snacks. ;)

Till my next movie mood, Mayy xo

No comments:

Post a Comment