Friday, February 25, 2011

M's Food Find #24

I've been mentioning that there is an Italian restaurant near my place in Singapore. So I thought I would blog about it today. Because there are 2 types of comfort food I like: Porridge/congee and Risotto. And Cacio e Pepe (4 Roachdale Road, Singapore) makes my favourite risotto which I can get almost anytime I want when I am back. It is around Upper Paya Lebar, opposite AUPE and in the Tai Keng Gardens neighbourhood. It is quite accessible by public transport or car and there is free parking around it.

Anyway, I knew the chef who started it and most of the people running it. They are a really friendly bunch and they do their best to accomodate your requests for the food. So I love the personal touches.

For the past 2 Chinese New Years, my maternal extended family gathers here for dinner during the visit to my place. They love it, and it's a breath of fresh air from the constant chinese food.

Without further ado, my favourite thing to order (and it's not on the menu) is the Four Cheeses Risotto.


Photo credits: mayydiaries.blogspot.com
It is very very cheesy and I really don't have to tell you that. However, I like the rice cooked just right with a bit of bite and yet so soft and mushy all round. Good for times you are so tired and lazy yet you want good food.

What else should you order when you are there? The portobello entree is outstanding. The foil-wrapped seafood pasta cooked aglio olio style is simply delicious. This is in the menu as tomato/spicy based but you can ask for aglio olio style. Fried calamari entree, I like the fried part alot, and the sauce! Lava cake with rum or without is also good way to end the meal. As for the pizza, I like the very simple prosciutto pizza with rocket leaves. The mushroom risotto is also good.

And there you have it. A little neighbourhood restaurant in not the glammest setting but just good food, good company, good service and a very good ambience. In one of the girls' words, sometimes you just want a place with good food yet you can have it with your hair wet just after a shower in your casual clothes.

Till my next food find, Mayy xo

No comments:

Post a Comment