Friday, February 18, 2011

Shoestopper #10

The 10th post for the shoe-stopping series! So I figured I would feature a pair of skyscrapers to sort of signify that the blog will stack up more posts in the following years.

My highest pair yet and the first time I wore them, out to dinner and club with friends here in Perth. The next day, they didn't turn out so well and I nearly cried. Had to do damage control with cleaning and spraying stain remover asap. I learnt never to wear white or light coloured shoes out to the clubs. Only when I want to chuck them out =D

STRUT! I say, STRUT!

Photos credits: mayydiaries.blogspot.com
I bought this pair in March/April 2010 at Sportsgirl Carousel. They were really expensive when I first set eyes on them (even when they are already on sale) and each day I checked back in to see if the price dropped. My persistence paid off! I got them at AUD69.95. Not the cheapest but they are made out of leather and the soles are really comfy. I would know. Because I wore them to Lady Gaga's concert....STANDING. Good soles, you can tell if you look close enough at the photos and see the arch where the label is.

(Darling shoes on the Gaga's floor, forming an M and fallen down...)

Truth be told, they are really high at 5 inches but there are the platforms. And I didn't last the whole of the concert. I couldn't stand it, pun not intended. I liked that they go with alot of outfits: jeans, dresses, denim skirts. The colour is called BONE. Hahaha. It is really sort of bone white colour. They are high maintenance though and the stilettos are kind skinny which means I have to stick to hard floors (no grass) and no drains.

Would I buy another pair like it again? Well, if they are Louboutins. Otherwise I am happy with this one and 5 inches demand that you need a car. They are really just shoes for dinner. Where you are ferried and only really walked to dinner and back... Like I said. High maintenance.


Till my next shoe-stopping experience, Mayy xo

2 comments:

  1. I bought a pair of heelz that high too, for some party! They were black woven leather walao buay tahan damn nice and somemore 50% off. so i wore them out, nearly died on the way back, it started raining, so i took em off and walked back barefoot. i still love them though HAHA. anw ur shoes are nice!!!! i like sportsgirl's shoes :) -Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. NICE WORK RACHEL. You've gotta show me! 50% off is good =D things we do for shoes eh, barefoot in sydney ah?! wahhhhhhhhhhh

    ReplyDelete