Thursday, February 17, 2011

M's Food Find #21

I am feeling so incredibly homesick at the moment. I think it is because it is so HOT here in Perth and I don't really get to sleep in aircon every night. It is truly very uncomfortable since people here live in houses with closed windows most of the time. Just gets really stuffy. I haven't got a good night's sleep yet since I got back. Time really cannot go any faster at this point. It is Friday tomorrow, my cleaning day. One I look forward to every week because I feel so much better after the sweat and water.

Back in SG, I will always have Mummy (if no one) for company. I have that beautiful house and room to go home too. I have my sister to bicker with, Daddy to lovehate at. Here, even though I do love being alone, it is sometimes really sad. So I miss Singapore. And just really want to get this year over with. Maybe the love of studying is burning out. Just need a break. Maybe it is a mixture of nerves for my new year. I really want to do well in honours and attain the highest accolades.

Anyway, I spent the last night of my trip at Dad's company annual CNY dinner. They usually hold it at Paramount Hotel, Tung Lok Restaurant. We didn't manage to get a room this time round, and were the earliest to arrive. Anyway, my favourite part of the dinner was when the dish below came out...

Photo credits: mayydiaries.blogspot.com
SALTED EGG YOLK PRAWNS. I love it love it love it!!! And the restaurant really does it the right way. Where the prawns are shelled and deep fried with the coated salted egg yolk. Quite different from the one at No Signboard Seafood Restaurant where the prawns come in all its shelled glory and feelers. Their salted egg yolk coating is good though. But I still prefer it this way unshelled.

I remember a few years ago it was Wasabi Prawns being all the rage. That was good too. I like both versions. Unfortunately, Paramount Hotel is being bought over and will be teared down. No word on where this restaurant will move to in the future.

Goodness, thinking about it and looking at that photo, I just want to go get a plate of it and gorge myself silly. Oops. Should I go back to Singapore for a week during my midsem one-week break?

Till my next food find, Mayy xo

No comments:

Post a Comment