Friday, February 11, 2011

Today, Mayy...

Today, Mayy is spending her last day back at home in Singapore. Doing nothing much, just spending it with Mum mostly while sis went off to meet her friends and uni after. Daddy is as usual, at work. At least we have a dinner tonight together, with his office people. It is their annual CNY dinner. Anyway, lunch with Mum today was at Sushi Tei and I ordered a chirashi type don from their yellowtail special. Minced salmon sashimi was pretty yummy and easy to eat with the sushi rice. Generous portion but well, it did cost me $18. This coldest season yellow tail sashimi is this dark red purple colour while normal yellowtail sashimi is a light beige colour. Different taste and texture as well. Not for those who ONLY likes salmon sashimi. Sushi tei does serve up pretty fresh and good Japanese fare for a chain restaurant.

Photo credits: mayydiaries.blogspot.com
It was also nice that I get to spend some time with my cousins last night when they came over for a visit and dinner at Cacio e Pepe, the italian restaurant just barely a minute's walk away. The usual chaos and loud voices. What's not to love? ;)

Part of me really just wants to stay here but the other misses the balance and stability of life in Perth. It does get really boring and lonely there at times. So as the future creeps ever closer, I find it daunting and difficult to choose a path. There are so many choices. But I guess, it is lucky to have choices?

One, I can always continue studying (provided I do damn well this year for honours). And attain a phD by the age of 25. That would REALLY be cool. But more studying?! I think I may need a break...

Two, hang around in Perth and do part-time tutoring in uni. Not that part-time is really part-time because I hope to get my PR by then and I can teach alot more hours. You would think I deserve that little break in life after the past few years. But earning the money just to feed the rent seems abit dumbass.

Three, join the corporate rat race in Sydney (if I can even get a job in the city) because G wants to move to Sydney. But do I? Am I doing it because he wants to? Gosh. See what I mean when I say being single truly is awesome?!

Four, apply to be an air-stewardess and fulfill one of my childhood dreams. Whether Singapore Airlines or Emirates where my cousin is. Just for a couple of years. I know it is not as glamourous as it sounds. But the pay is good and the travelling. Come on now, I LOVE travelling. To be able to see the world no matter how you do it is ALWAYS ALWAYS such a privilege. Cons here include having to put on a thick layer of makeup and hours are abit crazier and I may just spend alot on shopping. HEH. But the more I type this, the more I feel like this is a good idea...

Five, join the corporate rat race in Singapore because well, I know I have a job here if I need one. As well as the family is here, all of them. Right. The thought of working in the firm gives me some major heebie-jeebies. I can see myself hating my life. MAJOR.

That is some heavy stuff going on here, so I am going to put a fullstop on it. Any advice from you?

Till the book marks, Mayy xo

No comments:

Post a Comment