Tuesday, February 8, 2011

M's Vacation in...Bohol/Cebu, Phillipines!

I have been uploading boatloads of photos on my facebook yesterday and today. One must make use of unlimited wifi at home here, and not head back to my pathetic 6GB per month over there. Sighs.

I spent the first few days of CNY in the Philippines on a family trip there. It is my first time in the country and I had hoped to visit Manila. Unfortunately, Dad brought us to Bohol and Cebu. The plane timing to go there on Cebu Pacific was shit so we all ain't feeling too well and didn't enjoy the trip as much. I must say however, that Bohol is a very rustic beach resort sort of place so it is quite nice. There were very very few Singaporeans around. In fact, we only spotted Singaporeans in our departure lounge the last day.



I really liked the above mural from Waterfront Hotel in Cebu where we stayed for a night. I like history and very traditional stuff. But that's the other side of me. Besides, it is CNY and above photo seemed very appropriate. I found it outside the hotel's Chinese restaurant.


This photo is taken in Bohol, part of the Bohol Beach Club in Panglao island where we stayed for 2 nights. I like its serenity and calmness it brings me. Doesn't it invoke all kinds of emotions and one can really get all sorts of inspiration from this?

The water in Bohol is really clear and beautiful. I am fortunate enough to stay in a suite facing the beach so the view is awesome. Look at the photo above! The waves wash over and leaves its makrs on the sand. In case you can't tell, I'm standing in the water and taking a shot, how clear is the water eh!
It was just a stretch of this. Miles and miles of quiet huts and beach and sand. Just a sprinkling of people here and there. I just wish the place was alittle more modern as in the rooms and stuff to be cleaner too. I would feel better and more at peace to really enjoy it all.

Of course we spent some time sightseeing too, and we had to see the smallest monkey in the world which resides in Bohol. These tarsiers are smaller than our faces and have these long long tails. With such big eyes! So cute! But we are not allowed to touch them because if you do, it is such a shock to them and they will either bang their heads against the wall till they die or go on a hunger strike till they...well, die. Sad eh. So I was real careful around them!


Photos credits: mayydiaries.blogspot.com
Besides the tarsier, Bohol has another tourist attraction 'The Chocolate Hills' which has been nominated to be one of the new 7 wonders of the world (natural). Their local legend was that these hills were tears of a giant when the normal village girl he loved died of a heart attack when he kidnapped her.

That's just a quick summary of my vacation. The filipinos also makes such amazing fondant cakes of all shapes and sizes. I will post a few photos of them soon. Hope you guys had a wonderful CNy holidays!

Till the micro waves, Mayy xo

No comments:

Post a Comment