Thursday, April 7, 2011

Shoestopper #26 (x 3)

It's once again Thursday. My day of cleaning and chores and chilling. I don't think my supervisors will be pleased but I need this day to recharge. Weekends are not for recharging. Thursday is. Anyway, bad luck with weather today and I shall not get annoyed by repeating what happened. So let's leave it at that and pray for better luck. Meantime, WA got a bit of rain this morning after a dry spell and hot weather. It officially brought the temperature down to the 20s and we welcome Autumn. The weather today reminded me of the three, yes THREE pairs of shoes I have in my current collection , yes CURRENT. Without further ado, Shoestoppers #26 x 3. These two pairs are here with me in Perth. I bought them both in my old neighbourhood in Singapore. From a very old shoe stall in the wet markets. Not the most glamourous of places but hey! So long as the shoes are to my liking, the place it came from doesn't matter! After all, they all come from China. HAHAHA. Anyway, one pair of these costs me less than SGD10. I cannot remember how much I got them for but I know cheap is it. I actually bought a black one too. But the black one's pretty painful and split so I threw that away.

My favourite out of the three is the transparent one. I wear it all the time when I run out of ideas or I feel like I can't find anything to match my outfit with. Being of non-colour, it goes. Just looks like I am not wearing any shoes. But I ain't no Aussie bogan. I keep my feet clean and glamourous.

The bronze one is really my rain shoes. When the weather is wet and yucky (I HATE HATE HATE RAIN), I wear them. It is rubber and jelly. It can afford to be wet. It is meant to be wet. Except my feet wil get wet too at times which makes Mayy a very very unhappy girl. One of the things I hate most in the world is wet feet. But this bronze pair puts in its best effort to keep my feet dry. So thank you darling, Mummy appreciates your efforts.

Photos credits: mayydiaries.,blogspot.com


And there's this pristine white pair. It is my FIRST pair of jelly flats which I scored in Bangkok. It says size 41 but when I tried it on, I JUST KNEW it was coming home with Mama. It fits me, and the insoles are UNBELIEVABLY soft. I always feel like I am walking on air. ALWAYS, and I am not exaggerating. That is how comfortable it is. White is high maintenance but I keep it clean and only ever wear it when the need arises. I want to prolong its life with me. I even remembered which shop I got it from in Bangkok. The above two pairs cannot compare to this one. The standards just don't match up. Nevertheless at 100baht (approx. SGD4), I am a very lucky girl indeed to score a steal like this.


Do you have a particular shoe design in multiple pairs and different colours? I had this at x 4, but now x 3. Do I hear a x 5 from anyone?


Till my next shoe-stopping experience, Mayy xo

No comments:

Post a Comment