Monday, April 11, 2011

Shoestopper #28

One of the autumn trends is leopard prints. To me, the trick to rocking such a strong print is having it in small doses. And letting it shine by pairing it with black or muted gold. I love the prints no doubt, even before it became a trend. One of the leopard prints I owned come in the form of a fierce pair of stilettos. Let me share this with you right now. This brandless pair was bought in a random Hong Kong alleyway (owned by a middle aged man) near a huge H&M. I only wore it once ever to work in Deloitte Singapore. Haven't worn it at all since then because it is in Singapore and I love it so much I can't bear to do so. The red soles is a trademark of Louboutins but since I can't afford my own Loubs, let me fake it till I make it.

How fierce! The shiny purple insoles somehow matches perfectly with the big cat prints and lux suede black. I like that it doesn't come across as too bold or stripper like as some platform shoes are prone to be. Even Mum encouraged me to get it!



Photos credits: mayydiaries.blogspot.com


They are also very very comfortable. Look at that sexy curved arch. The shoes are cut quite wonderfully and of a high quality. All from an alleyway stall and at less than SGD20 (I cannot remember for sure how much it cost me at HKD). If I could wear it to work and climb the stairs up and down getting information out of the clients, I dare say I could last a night out in them.


Fierce deluxe! What say you? For sure, a shoe stopper this one!


Till my shoe-stopping experience, Mayy xo

No comments:

Post a Comment