Sunday, April 10, 2011

Shoestopper #27

SHOES! Did I mention I have new additions? But I won't be blogging about them JUST yet. I am so proud of my recent purchases because I am not buying them using Daddy's card. Bless me. I am growing up. HAHA. Anyway, let's blog about a pair of heels I didn't think I would ever own as it is a little too, I don't know what word I can use to describe it though. The heels are chunkier than what I like, the look of it a little too good-girl? Hahaha I love Manolo Blahniks' signature Mary Janes but that will take me awhile to collect. For now, let's continue the search for a near-perfect Mary Janes within budget.

Photo credits: mayydiaries.blogspot.com


I got this white pair of Mary Janes from Mondo in Far East, Singapore years ago. I think I was in JC1 and I was shopping with my girl, Xin Hui. I THINK. I cannot remember. Anyway, it only set me back around SGD10/20. It was on sale and it was quite comfortable when I tried it. Not four inches but high enough for me back then.


I have so many memories associated with this pair of shoes. I unfortunately don't have it with me anymore since last year. But hey, the memories are forever. First, I remember the airport cam whoring session and dinner with my MAX girls. Second, my after JC prom party at Zouk wearing one of my favourite dresses of all time. Third, that epic epic night out with CIC mates, Tom, Andrew, Farhan, Anushka, Anh, Anson at The Shed and the Library.


The white is high maintenance and the patent leather isn't of the best quality. The peeptoes cut me pretty bad if I wear it for too long but hey, no pain no gain. Unfortunately, after the epic night out at The Shed, it hurt me so bad I couldnt be bothered cleaning off all the black marks and threw it out. But don't worry, I don't throw out memories. Even if they are painful ones, I sometimes shoved them under the carpet, occasionally filling some pain.


Till my next shoe-stopping experience, Mayy xo

No comments:

Post a Comment