Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Mayy's Closet #47

Hey everyone, how was your Wednesday, mid-week? Gloomy over here and I spent my whole day in front of the telly watching Laguna Beach Season 1. SO motivated eh? Not. Anyway, time for some clothes posting...I will raid my closet on Friday or over the weekend just to see what I don't need no more.

However, the focus of this post will definitely be kept with me forever if I have my way. It is officially Winter here in Perth as well, so let's post more warm outfits eh?

You probably can't see it as clear here but the focus is the black oversized knitted sweater with a cowl neckline from Supre. I got it way back during my first winter here and loved it ever since. This is shot in a quiet part of uni. I always feel quite blessed that I study in such a vast and beautiful campus. Anyway, yes the sweater. It is long enough to wear leggings with and warm enough to wear it on its own or just a tanktop in it. Here, I wore a tanktop in the same shade as my electic blue leggings from Cotton On. Yes, I do realised I quite like the black eyeliner and rock look. Just not too extreme.

Less rock chick, injected a bit more sweet here with the grey beret from Dotti and pink checkered/tartan scarf from Cotton On Body. If it is warmer, lose the boots and wear some pointed flats. Black, blue, sequins, this look is easy to mix and match!

I would say this is my first time wearing the sweater. With white denim shorts and bright blue leggings from Cotton On. Yes, a look I admit is not much for Australia, more Asian/Jap/Taiwan/HK. You can flatten the cowl neckline and wear it more like an off-shoulder.

If it is not yet winter, perhaps autumn or nearing spring, pair it with a short denim skirt and thigh-high/knee length boots.

Photos credits: mayydiaries.blogspot.com
Or a recent photo of my outfit, with grey skinny jeans and white heels and just wearing the sweater as it is. No layers of tank tops. Gotta wear the cowl neckline strategically though.

It is just a really simple and chic piece that I can wear in so many ways and dress to so many themes. Something for long term. Don't we all love that?

Till my next closet raid, Mayy xo

No comments:

Post a Comment