Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Mayy's Closet #56

Just got back home from dinner with the girls. They are moving in together and I did help with unpacking for abit. I just like being organised and neat I guess. Anyway, I am too full from dinner at my favourite Vietnamese restaurant, Toto's in Vic Park and decided to blog before showering.

Here's the dress I wore for my night out at Burswood: dinner at Sirocco and drinks at MinQ after.

I bought this dropped hem black ruffled maxi dress from Dolly Girl in Carousel. One of the first shops to introduce the dropped hem style dress before Valleygirl and Ally came out with theirs. Admittedly, this dress is so NOT made for winter since it is strapless and material is too thin.


Topped with a cropped cardigan,

and belted for better waist definition.

Or you can wear it sideways... I can't seem to pull off this look but Anna wears this way better. Since she is too tall and the front becomes too short for her.


Photos credits: mayydiaries.blogspot.com
I really liked the unique hemline and how classically simple this black dress is. I mean, it is a dress for keeps! No expiration date really. Just a good pair of strappy stilettos to match. When I walked in it, the back of the dress seems to float around your legs and you just feel a little like you are walking on air. Sort of like a peacock too, or a princess.

Well, can't wait for summer to roll around and I can wear this again. I really do have too many summer dresses.... BUT it is winter now so do keep yourself warm!

Till my next closet raid, Mayy xo

No comments:

Post a Comment