Saturday, June 18, 2011

Mayy's Closet #57

Winter is SUCH a lazy season. Perhaps it is also because I am on vacation mood. I just so need a break. Which is what I am giving myself this weekend. No parties, no dressing up. Just leggings and oversized sweaters and hoodies. If I could leave the house in bathrobe, I would. Sitting on my ass all day in front of the telly in my tubchair, ok LOSER. Whatever. So 'tis the season where no matter how many layers you wear, you still feel cold. So sometimes, I settle for just one since it makes no difference.

And here's one of my favourite winter outfits: an olive green drop-shoulder long knitted sweater from Zara and leggings.

Photo credits: mayydiaries.blogspot.com

I bought this (four/five) years ago before I even knew I would one day actually be faced with living in a country with four seasons. I bought it in Zara Macau or Hong Kong (I can't remember if it is even in anyone of the named countries) and brought it with me to Japan too. It is so comfortable and warm and chic in my opinion. It is timeless and and I can dress it however I want to. Though usually it is just with leggings and black boots and gold accessories.

It is good for a day out or even a night out. It is a little bodycon-like so I have to push myself to not overeat and have a tummy showing. Wouldn't be a good look here! There are always that few dresses or clothes items you will never give up. This is definitely one of them for me. I wouldn't know what to do if I one day have to retire it. I don't think I will though. It will just be reduced to home-wear at most. I am so glad I stuck to my guns and told my mother I wanted it no matter what. It didn't come cheap, that much I remember but thank god for Mum and Dad's more generous spirits when we go on holidays. There are just some things worth fighting for.

Till my next closet raid, Mayy xo

No comments:

Post a Comment