Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Shoestopper #35

Just watched the Prom episode of Glee on teevee. Inspired to blog about how hot Jonathan Groff, how pretty the dress Quinn/Dianna Agron is wearing. Anyway, I thought about the two proms I had and the pair of heels which managed to made it to both occasions! A pretty amazing feat I would add. It started my love affair for heels and as they say, the rest is history.

Photo credits: mayydiaries.blogspot.com
I got these strappy gold beauties from Americaya in Centrepoint. I don't know if the shop is still around but I know OG still sells them. I know for a fact that the shoes are very comfortable, because I always go into the shops for fun and try all their stilettos on. And even this pair of gold heels, I lasted the prom nights in them and so that says alot. The soles are soft, the straps don't cut and the heels steady for you to go dancing in.

What you can't see in this photo is that one side of this pair, the one on top, is scratched yup really really bad on the insoles. My dog, Cookie, she was real young then and just ruined it. I remembered I was so mad and I just yelled and beat her and locked her out of the house for the longest possible time ever. Don't think she liked me that much after hahaha.

I just really liked that this pair is slightly unique in the way the straps hold together and made up of many thin straps. It doesn't slip like most slingbacks do for me, phew. I am not that big of a fan on the front cut of it though. But I was too young then.

Regardless, I am not ashamed to say I love watching Glee and prom is always such a special event.

Till my next shoe-stopping experience, Mayy xo

No comments:

Post a Comment